Facilities and casual use
Maroondah City Council received funding grants of $13.5 million to upgrade the netball facilities within the HE Parker sports precinct in Heathmont.
Maroondah Nets now has four indoor courts which accommodates training and competition for netball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis and wheelchair sports. In addition, the four outdoor netball courts are built to new surface standards. All courts are available for hire now!
The four indoor courts are multi purpose, and have line marking for netball, volleyball and badminton with grandstand seating to accommodate 300 people with additional 200 court side seating for up to 500 people within the venue.
The complex continues to be home to Melbourne East Netball Association (MENA) and the Ariels. The complex is also home to Maroondah Volleyball (Croydon & Districts Volleyball Association). School groups, community groups, and disability groups can also use the venue throughout the year. The complex is available for training, competitions and social activities.
Features for comfort and convenience
- Heating and cooling throughout venue
- Seating for up to 300 in the grandstand and 200 on surrounding courts
- Private change rooms
- Multi-purpose room
- Car parking (including new disabled car parks and designated bus drop off zone)
- Accessible design and facilities, including a Changing Places
- Four (4) indoor netball courts
- Four (4) outdoor netball courts
Indoor courts can be configured to:
- Four (4) indoor netball courts or
- Six (6) indoor volleyball courts or
- Six (6) badminton courts (with extra court space) or
- Seven (7) table tennis tables (with extra court space) or
- Three (3) pickleball courts
All equipment for these sports can be provided for a fee.
Maroondah City Council acknowledges the support of the Australian Government and the Victorian Government.