Maroondah Nets houses four modern, indoor multi-purpose courts, for a variety of sports, including netball, volleyball, table tennis, badminton, pickleball and wheelchair sports. Seating caters for 300 spectators in the grandstand and 200 additional seats on surrounding courts in fully air-conditioned comfort.
Coming to Maroondah Nets in 2020!
Come and Try Pickleball - February 10th, 17th & 24th, March 2nd 10am - 12pm
What is Pickleball?
Described as a cross between tennis, badminton and table tennis, the sport was created in 1965 by a group of friends in Bainbridge Island, Washington. Since then it has taken off in the US, with part of its success coming from its all-ages appeal, with its small court and slow -moving ball making it particularly popular, with reportedly more than 3 million players. Pickleball was introduced to Australia just three and a half years ago by Gabi Plum, who is the President of the Pickleball Association of Australia. Ms Plum said the simplicity of the game probably explained part of its appeal. "It's such an easy game to learn," she said. "Within 10 minutes you're on a court playing with people who have been playing for some time." The court size is similar to that of a badminton court and can be played indoors or outdoors. Players use special paddles and a wiffleball (perforated plastic ball) and games are played either singles or doubles.
We’re a community sports stadium
Because we are Council run, we are here solely to make netball, volleyball and other sports accessible to and affordable for the whole community. Our friendly and qualified staff are here to make sport a positive experience.
Features for comfort and convenience
- Heating and cooling throughout venue
- Seating for up to 300 in the grandstand and additional 200 seats on surrounding courts
- Private change rooms
- Multi-purpose room
- Car parking (including new disabled car parks and designated bus drop off zone)
- Accessible design and facilities, including a Changing Places
- Four (4) indoor netball courts
- Four (4) outdoor netball courts
Indoor courts can be configured to:
- Four (4) indoor netball courts or
- Six (6) indoor volleyball courts or
- Six (6) badminton courts with extra court space or
- Seven (7) table tennis tables with extra court space or
- Three (3) pickleball courts
All equipment for these sports can be provided for a fee.
A variety of sports programs:
- Junior netball and volleyball programs
- Netball and volleyball competitions for all ages and levels
- School sports programs, clinics and court/venue hire
- School holiday programs
- Programs for all abilities
- Tailored programs