How to keep warm swimming in winter
4 July 2017
The time between getting out of the pool after swimming and getting warm can seem like a lifetime during winter.
Here are a few handy tips for you and your kids to stay warm swimming in winter:
- Make sure you get changed out of your wet bathers after swimming before leaving the centre (remember, there’s no warm sunshine to dry them before you even make it to the car.)
- Head for the on deck showers and changing facilities straight after jumping out of the pool. Warm showers are the best.
- Bring some swagger to your towel game and bring a hooded towel.
- Avoid play time in the Leisure Pool before lessons, that way your kids won't arrive cold at the start of the lesson if their lessons take place in the 25m pool.
- Rashies aren’t just for summer, they’re a great way to keep warm in the colder months.
- Rug up on your way in and out of the centre.
- Pop on a swimming cap to keep your fro dry and your head warm.
See, swimming in winter needn’t be a chilly way to exercise.